Wednesday, December 27, 2006

So, the night went down like this...

... even though I had prepped for over 2 days and all Christmas morning... The soup was done. The veggies were done. The desserts were done. DH had done the cleaning... I STILL had to rush to put dinner on the table b/c my M failed to mention that her SO had to work that evening! Um, excuse me? But shouldn't she have at least mentioned that?!

I "followed" Alton Brown's recipe for his standing rib roast (cooking until 118˚, taking the roast out and then upping the oven temp to 500˚, putting the roast back into the oven for 10 mins or so to make for a nice crust... well... let me tell you that I will NOT be doing that again! It KILLED my roast!!!! I was SOOOO bummed! Oh well. Only consolation is that the flavor was nice and at least the roast wasn't dried out.

I burned the glaze for the carrots so I just didn't serve it. (I will be making carrot soup this week.)

Instead of making the chocolate flourless cake, I made a Triple Berry Crumble, served warm with vanilla ice cream. As it turned out, D brought a nice blueberry pie... an ALL berry dessert evening! I should have made the chocolate cake... but I would have served it with raspberry coulis! haha!

Ginger opened her own gifts! We should put her on Letterman! Stupid Pet Tricks, anyone?! I'll post pictures later...

No comments: